Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cocooning

I've pretty much cocooned since I returned.  I thought I'd get a good nights sleep and that would be all I needed to feel rested and back to normal.  Wrong.  I really didn't sleep very well when I was away and it has taken me a little longer than I thought to make up for it. 

Tomorrow Tad, Joe, Savannah and I are going to Newton to have dinner with Charlie and Rob and then on Friday I will head to Southeast Kansas to pick up Ted from the camp he worked at this summer.  The camp is so close to Oklahoma that we decided to drive on to visit Aunt Mo, Brock, Mitch and Noei.  I'm picking Charlie up in Newton on my way to get Ted so half the fam will be together.

Sandrine is still in Rabat and she has kept me posted on what is happening at the orphanage.  She is the only volunteer at the orphanage this week and that means she has been very busy.  Three new volunteers will arrive on Saturday and start work on Monday.  Sanddrine will leave Saturday morning for Italy where she will spend a week sightseeing before returning to Canada.  

The first few days I was back I thought our house was so cold but the thermostat was set at the usual temperature.  I guess I was just adjusting to having air conditioning again.  We ordered pizza for dinner on Tuesday and grilled burgers tonight and it was so delicious!  The Moroccan food was alright but nothing beats a good old American burger! 

Sandrine is suppose to send me pictures of the orphanage so I can post some but with the sketchy internet connection she said she would probably wait until she gets back home to send them so it will be another week.


1 comment: